H & H Services Do Maui 2006

Sunday, March 26, 2006

Showering in Maui

So I just experienced the pleasure and then dissapointment of my first shower in Maui. As you step off the plane and start walking through the open air aiport in Maui, there is an undeniable "greasy" feeling that overcomes you. Us mainlanders who arent used to such high humidity immediatly begin to sweat and "shine." Now this shine isnt really something that accentuates anyones look. Somehow the locals always look fresh and their powdery tan complexion never looks shiny for the wrong reasons. However, after a day of flying, experiencing the beach for the first time, and then sleeping all night in a twin bed with nothing more than a ceiling fan to keep me cool (the AC will be on tonight) you can say I was less than fresh feeling. So after a few hours chatting over coffee and breakfast on the Lanai of the Panzer condo I was ready to take a shower. I had heard about the showering experience in Hawaii being lackluster... But I didnt care, i wanted to be clean!! As the cool water washed over me, the body wash, shampoo.. it was all lovely... very refreshing, probably much like the ocean dip I will take later today, but yet... there it was. As i turned the water off, and started drying off, I realized this was a losing battle... I already felt warm. Despite my icy shower temperature, and the last frigid blast i gave myself with the water right before turning it off, I was already feeling greasy. And so Here i sit, in my skirt and swimsuit, with my hair still wet, and yes, im still greasy. I think overall, i would just describe it as "sticky".... The moment i stepped out of the shower, I wanted to step right back in.... Showering in Maui, what a bait and switch....

Well, I guess I will just have to give in, come to embrace my greasiness, and head to the beach!...

Aloha ~

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home